recent buzz... Added aerial photo coverage for all of Travis County Texas in the year 1958. View of the University of Texas
Topic Title         $39 per month just seems out right greedy
2017-03-03 18:19:12 planetearthwind been a huge fan of site for years, always talked about it referred to people, etc.. i metal detect for hobby and would easily have paid a small fee for full access or less intrusive water marks or some updated/added more map access.... but honestly $39 per month just seems out right greedy
2017-03-08 12:52:26 Jeff Everything can be seen from a different perspective. Unfortunately, your "greedy" comment comes from a very different point of view than ours. You have all the same functionality you've ever had with this website. There are now more purchase options, for customers who are buying imagery without the watermarks. We've added several features for those customers willing to purchase a subscription, making life easier and the viewer full screen with less noticeable watermarks. So now, as a free user, nothing has been lost only gained. As a subscriber you have new options. All of this is on a new design and infrastructure that we are still testing. If we had a subscription level that was so attractive that every customer signed up, that would be great.... Until it wasn't. We're running a larger viewer pulling more tiles, using more resources. If the stability of the site becomes an issues because we have too many users using 3x the resources that were previously required, then everyone has a problem. You say it's greedy for us to cater to business level customers, who NEED this service to do their day to day jobs. We appreciate the the fact that many of our users are hobbyists. The metal detecting and model railroad communities are just a couple of many different types of communities that show interest in our site. We haven't taken anything away from anyone. If we made a ridiculously low price point, signed up tens of thousands of subscribers and no one could access the imagery because the servers were overloaded constantly.... Then I would say we were greedy. We're wading into an entirely different business model. Sometimes it's safer to walk in slowly, not dive in headfirst. Again, it's all about perspective.
2017-03-08 13:07:17 MapSurfer The service is worth what people are willing to pay for it. If subscriptions and profits no longer justify the cost of the server and manpower then you either adjust or close up. It's like buying antiques... one man's junk is another's treasure. I have absolutely no problem with the amount that is being charged for subscriptions and/or imagery. If I had a justifiable need there would be a way to justify the cost or pass it on to my customers. As I do not, I'm more than happy with the limited viewer size and watermarks. My _only_ issue was that the "new" site was rolled out without a proper shakedown. Had this happened to a multi-million dollar business there would have been programmers and/or developers looking for new jobs.
Please wait while we prepare your image

It appears that you have exhausted your credits for this month. That's ok, we'll spot you a few until your monthly subscription turns over. To get more credits before then, you might want to consider bumping your subscription to the next level. Otherwise, just wait until when you'll receive a new allotment for the month. If you still aren't satisfied, we would be happy to discuss your situation. Just call us during business hours at (xxx) xxx-xxxx.

Unfortunately you have spent your quota of credits for the month. To get more credits before then, you might want to consider bumping your subscription to the next level. Otherwise, just wait until when you'll receive a new allotment for the month. If you still aren't satisfied, we would be happy to discuss your situation. Just call us during business hours at (480) 967-6752.

As a subscriber you are allocated a set number of credits each month. By downloading imagery you will use one or more of your monthly credits.  Topo downloads are included with your subscription and will not be subtracted from your credit allocation.  To continue, simply click Ok, otherwise click Cancel.

Don't display this again