recent buzz... Added aerial photo coverage for all of Bee County Texas in the year 1958. View of Naval Air Station Chase Field
Topic Title         maps purchased on old site?
2017-04-05 09:24:08 pordy Hi - first time with new site- biggest stumble for me was realizing the years could be scrolled to find older maps (that I knew you had on old site). My biggest beef is that I paid for several maps on the old site that are no longer available to me. Yes I probably have most of them downloaded on a machine somewhere, but I know at least one is not, and now I'm faced with paying for it again (at a higher cost no less). I love the site but wish it weren't so expensive - I'm just a local historian offering free labor to the historical societies, preservation commissions, and residents of my area towns, and the new costs make that prohibitive (yes I know there are new benefits and you deserve to be paid for the great service you provide).
2017-04-05 10:24:45 Jeff If you contact me via the email, under the support link, I'd be happy to look up your old account and send you the images you may be missing. We've done this for several customers already. My bigger concerns is your perception that the downloads cost more???? Previous imagery was either $5 or $20 for an 1800 pixel download (depending on the age of the photo), whether is was a png or GeoTiff. We are now offering a png or jpeg download for $10 on the older imagery and if you want the Geotiff, it's still the same price ($20). Again, I'm really confused by your perception that it's more expensive. We never offered 3600 or 7200 pixel downloads before, and those are only being offered so that customers can download larger areas, instead of multiple smaller overlapping images. As far as sending out physical prints, we offered those only through special orders via phone call and the pricing was the same as it is now through the website. I hope that clears thing up.
2017-04-05 10:38:20 pordy Many thanks! The perception of increased cost (and it may be a wrong perception) was that what I thought I paid $5 for in the past is now $10. I love the idea of higher resolution images, but the costs seem prohibitive for my uses (I priced one last night and it was $90!). What would be useful for me is a demonstration of the differences in what I'd get for the different resolution files. For example, in the past I had to trade off how much of an area is included in the pict with ability to see details I'm looking for. With your higher resolution options, I imagine that it means I can pan out and get a larger area of town and still be able to zoom in to see details. But I don't know what I'd be getting until I buy it, and with the high costs of the older maps (where my interests are) I'm not willing to take a chance. Thanks again for your prompt reply. Love the site, want it to succeed!
2017-04-08 22:49:29 pordy I need to correct what I wrote earlier - the price has not changed from the old site - I priced out a map I bought on the old site and it was the same. I've also spent more time on the site and it is absolutely improved from before. Thanks!
2017-04-10 11:03:29 Brett Thanks, Pordy. The fees are lower but folks have been confused by the many more options now offered. We appreciate you clarifying this in the public forum.
Please wait while we prepare your image

It appears that you have exhausted your credits for this month. That's ok, we'll spot you a few until your monthly subscription turns over. To get more credits before then, you might want to consider bumping your subscription to the next level. Otherwise, just wait until when you'll receive a new allotment for the month. If you still aren't satisfied, we would be happy to discuss your situation. Just call us during business hours at (xxx) xxx-xxxx.

Unfortunately you have spent your quota of credits for the month. To get more credits before then, you might want to consider bumping your subscription to the next level. Otherwise, just wait until when you'll receive a new allotment for the month. If you still aren't satisfied, we would be happy to discuss your situation. Just call us during business hours at (480) 967-6752.

As a subscriber you are allocated a set number of credits each month. By downloading imagery you will use one or more of your monthly credits.  Topo downloads are included with your subscription and will not be subtracted from your credit allocation.  To continue, simply click Ok, otherwise click Cancel.

Don't display this again