recent buzz... Added aerial photo coverage for all of Travis County Texas in the year 1958. View of the University of Texas
Topic Title         USGS 1966 Imagery Source Program
2022-08-01 12:09:14 TaylorAdams The source data description for a 1966 image I purchased of an irrigated parcel in Saguache County Colorado lists the source as "USGS", and I'm wondering if this image comes from their ASPF program, their NAPP program, or some other USGS program. Is that metadata available?
2022-08-01 17:23:25 Jeff

I'm not familiar with the ASPF tag for any imagery program.  If it were NHAP or NAPP it would state that.  We do not have the metadata stored for our imagery, showing which agency the imagery was provided through.  If it came from the USDA will say USDA and may say NHAP or NAPP if it was part of that dataset.  USGS is a bit different.  The imagery came from mulitple sources and was only listed with an agency code, something that had little relevance to our processing.  Most likely it's just the standard USGS survey film, if it was from the BOR or BLM, USAF, etc... we would likley include that.  However that data is was not always taken into consideration.  

2022-08-02 09:52:25 TaylorAdams Thanks for the info. In my haste I swapped the S and P, this is what I was referring to: https://www.usgs.gov/centers/eros/science/usgs-eros-archive-aerial-photography-aerial-photo-single-frames
2022-08-02 12:03:34 Jeff

Ahh, that makes more sense.  We do have a large amount of that colleciton on our site and if it dosn't have an additional identifier (DOQQ, NHAP, NAPP) then it is likely from that collection.  That will not always hold true, since some of the USAF, BOR, BLM, etc... collections were also acquired through the USGS.  We did not user their online system to acquire our colleciton, so it was not sorted in the same manner at the time we were ordering the film.  At times more than one program could have imagery on the same drive.  

Please wait while we prepare your image

It appears that you have exhausted your credits for this month. That's ok, we'll spot you a few until your monthly subscription turns over. To get more credits before then, you might want to consider bumping your subscription to the next level. Otherwise, just wait until when you'll receive a new allotment for the month. If you still aren't satisfied, we would be happy to discuss your situation. Just call us during business hours at (xxx) xxx-xxxx.

Unfortunately you have spent your quota of credits for the month. To get more credits before then, you might want to consider bumping your subscription to the next level. Otherwise, just wait until when you'll receive a new allotment for the month. If you still aren't satisfied, we would be happy to discuss your situation. Just call us during business hours at (480) 967-6752.

As a subscriber you are allocated a set number of credits each month. By downloading imagery you will use one or more of your monthly credits.  Topo downloads are included with your subscription and will not be subtracted from your credit allocation.  To continue, simply click Ok, otherwise click Cancel.

Don't display this again