recent buzz... Added aerial photo coverage for all of Potter County Texas in the year 1959. View of Amarillo College
Topic Title         Please go back to the old site
2017-09-04 13:11:06 mxpxboy Not all you maps have carried over with the conversion. I can't get any map old than 2008 to load for my city. I've been using this site for years and never had a problem accessing older maps. It's like they've vanished.
2017-09-04 13:22:31 mxpxboy your maps* older than* Sorry, autocorrect.
2017-09-05 11:27:20 Brett I have no idea what you could be doing wrong. It is as if you don't bother to scroll down to the additional years. The site is built for the desktop. Possibly you are using a mobile device.
2017-09-06 13:04:36 KimmietheMime Sounds like the same issue I was (and still am) having...I understand there is a scroll bar somewhere under the black area and occasionally it is visible VERY briefly while historicaerials is first loading but then it never shows up again during the session. If I manage to grab one of the elusive years during that fraction of a second it will load the image or map (both lists are truncated) but very quickly the lists are cut off again.
2017-09-06 14:21:06 Jeff I don't think this is the same issue. I'm assuming you mean the entire screen was drawing black? We did have a server hang up on restart over the weekend, which caused all the imagery in a certain date range to disappear. It still had buttons and looked like it should be there, but no image. Is that what you experienced mxpxboy? This has nothing to do with the site, the problem would have been the exact same issue on the old website. The new site had nothing to do with that situation. Now on the scrolling issue, Kimmie what type of devices are you using? The site was not designed for mobile, at this point. The old site was based on some different platforms, some of which are no longer supported, so going back and using some of those tools/development is no longer an option. We didn't change it, Microsoft, Google and the major players have all made changes that made some of those things inoperable. The changes made were necessary due to industry changes, not because we wanted to make everyone crazy. There's no way around it. The thing is, the issues that still seem to come up are very user specific. We had a situation in house testing, where one Macbook could not display the scrolls, and another had no issue. We updated them to the same OS and browser, still had the problem, only to discover there was a global device setting different between the two. Similar issues arose with IE, but it was always device related. Sometimes it's settings, or updates, that's why we recommend Chrome or Firefox. I can pull up the website on my phone and the scroll and other features all work fine. That being said, every device can be different. Let me know what you're using and I'll see if we can replicate the issue. Maybe we can fix it. If not we can at least have an idea of what issues we're having with specifics for our future development.
2017-09-07 15:00:57 mxpxboy Yes, The newer maps pulled up fine. The older maps acted like they weren't there. They showed up on the scrollbar for me to choose, but when I selected them, nothing but the topography map would display. Anyway, it seems to be working again for me now. Thank you for resetting the server.
2017-09-07 15:05:44 mxpxboy FYI, when I was having the trouble, I was using a 2015 MacBook Pro. However, I also tried using my work PC running Windows. Same problem persisted. But like I said, alls good now. Thank you for this site. It's a big help for us who use it.
2017-09-08 12:20:41 KimmietheMime Apparently mine is a different issue from what mxpxboy was describing. The black area I'm talking about is the black background to the lists of aerial and map dates. Where the lists should keep going in descending order and scroll, there is just black-except for that brief time when loading the page the first time, and sometimes not even visible then. I always use Chrome and the problem is the same on mobile (3 different Android devices so far since the change) and both my HP Envy x360 convertible and the Surface Pro 4 that replaced it after a fall. When I can manage to grab one of the earlier years the map or aerial will display fine.
Please wait while we prepare your image

It appears that you have exhausted your credits for this month. That's ok, we'll spot you a few until your monthly subscription turns over. To get more credits before then, you might want to consider bumping your subscription to the next level. Otherwise, just wait until when you'll receive a new allotment for the month. If you still aren't satisfied, we would be happy to discuss your situation. Just call us during business hours at (xxx) xxx-xxxx.

Unfortunately you have spent your quota of credits for the month. To get more credits before then, you might want to consider bumping your subscription to the next level. Otherwise, just wait until when you'll receive a new allotment for the month. If you still aren't satisfied, we would be happy to discuss your situation. Just call us during business hours at (480) 967-6752.

As a subscriber you are allocated a set number of credits each month. By downloading imagery you will use one or more of your monthly credits.  Topo downloads are included with your subscription and will not be subtracted from your credit allocation.  To continue, simply click Ok, otherwise click Cancel.

Don't display this again