recent buzz... Added aerial photo coverage for all of Rogers County Oklahoma in the year 1958. View of birthplace of humorist Will Rogers
Topic Title         older maps unavailable
2017-02-21 07:12:42 KimmietheMime This seems to affect all areas, but use my location as an example; when I open the viewer, for a brief moment there are at least 2 or 3 maps from before 1951 listed, but they disappear when the page is finished loading. It happens too fast to even try to catch one to see if they work at all. The next map backwards should be 1938 so if you can see that it might help diagnose the issue. It's not to do with scrolling as far as I can see, as my Surface pen can't drag anything up further either. On a positive note, thanks SO much for adding location!! I think the issue with road overlays being offset by many yards on some of the pre-1960 maps is also resolved, yay.
2017-02-21 07:31:01 jhankey What is the "location" thing you're talking about? It sounds like it would be useful for my situation because on the old version I had a lot of topo maps that were really offset from their corresponding areas on the aerial photos.
2017-02-21 07:48:35 KimmietheMime Not sure if it's what you mean, but under the overlay options on the left you can "allow location" like you would for navigation.
2017-02-21 08:35:55 jhankey hmm...I'm not seeing it? Are you a subscriber?
2017-02-25 13:15:41 Dolari I'm currently using Historic Aerials to plot the PAcific Highway through the Western States. Suddenly all the maps pre-1950 seem to be missing, including one I was just using before the site change....
2017-02-25 13:19:38 Brett We have not removed content. It appears people are having problems recognizing the yellow scroll bar. We probably need to examine how the scroll is presented so it is more clear.
2017-02-25 16:56:20 Dolari That's odd, cause I'm not seeing any yellow scroll bar where I'm looking. A few weeks ago, I was working on some very old maps of Wolf Creek, OR for my Pacific Highway trip. Those maps appear to be gone now (they only go back to 1954). The USGS service has the maps I'm looking for, but y'all have a better interface. :) BTW, I love the site, even the new setup. Just irked at the missing maps.
2017-02-25 17:43:08 Brett Dolari, do you know what the scale was of those topo maps? Also, do you have the geo coordinates?
2017-02-25 17:57:00 Dolari Don't remember the exact scale, but I do seem to think it's one of the larger scale maps from USGS. It's the 1904 Riddle Quadrangle on the USGS site. 42.694390, -123.395921 for Wolf Creek. Also, my town's early maps are gone, too! 1921's Duvall, WA from the Sultan Quadrangle Map is gone. You can only access 1963 up now. 47.742304, -121.986231
2017-02-27 09:14:38 Brett Dolari, Are you positive those maps were previously showing on our website? The maps in question have a scale of 125,000 which should never have been displayed.
2017-02-27 09:24:50 V247244 Can't get locations to open. Seems like I'm not the only one. I am a subscriber and this is very frustrating.
2017-02-27 09:49:48 Brett You posted to the wrong thread. Also, our records show that you are NOT a subscriber. As far as the search function it appears to be browser related and we have been unable to replicate it.
2017-03-01 17:50:18 Dolari I'm absolutely positive those maps were there since I used them to plan roadtrips based on those older roads in your road map overlay in the older setup (I should give you special thanks in my US 99 roadtrip gallery!) Again, not a huge thing for me, since I can get those older maps from USGS, but your road overlay is better. :)
2017-03-13 16:24:12 Spongebob2004 It won't show pictures of it?.
2017-03-16 11:27:44 shermancahal All topo maps seem to be unavailable. I also cannot access acme.mapper.com for topo maps.
2017-03-27 20:39:06 KimmietheMime Readings others' comments helped me realize I'm experi3ending a scrolls g issue rather than actually missing any maps. In fact I was able to catch and load one of the invisible years so they are definitely there! So how to fix the scrolling? It only seems to be a problem in areas I've viewed before, which makes little sense given both the phone and tablet I'm using were purchased after the last time I visited the old website. No cookies should have survived!
2017-03-27 20:41:47 KimmietheMime As you can see, replying on mobile browser isn't very effective either as scrolling in the text box doesn't work consistently and the first few lines were hidden until submitted.
2022-09-02 11:08:13 Jeff

pariskateka, I have no idea why a thread from the month we launched the new version of our site would be frustrating you.  It's been over 5.5 years since this was an actual valid and live topic.  Second, you are not a subscriber.  The site is free to use, and if you have issues with the functionality and imagery loading, we're happy to see if we can resolve whatever issue you have.  I wanted to make it clear that you are not a paying customer.  You make it sound like you are, and are not satisfied with our service, when in fact that is not the case.  If you have issues, i would recommend contacting support, not the forum. 

Please wait while we prepare your image

It appears that you have exhausted your credits for this month. That's ok, we'll spot you a few until your monthly subscription turns over. To get more credits before then, you might want to consider bumping your subscription to the next level. Otherwise, just wait until when you'll receive a new allotment for the month. If you still aren't satisfied, we would be happy to discuss your situation. Just call us during business hours at (xxx) xxx-xxxx.

Unfortunately you have spent your quota of credits for the month. To get more credits before then, you might want to consider bumping your subscription to the next level. Otherwise, just wait until when you'll receive a new allotment for the month. If you still aren't satisfied, we would be happy to discuss your situation. Just call us during business hours at (480) 967-6752.

As a subscriber you are allocated a set number of credits each month. By downloading imagery you will use one or more of your monthly credits.  Topo downloads are included with your subscription and will not be subtracted from your credit allocation.  To continue, simply click Ok, otherwise click Cancel.

Don't display this again